I just want to clear up a few of our backroom policies with you all. It has come to my attention that crew members are spending too much time sitting in the back and not out on the boardwalk and pavilion areas. The back room is meant for quick breaks only. Under no circumstances should we catch anyone falling asleep or continually playing video games, etc. While you are currently allowed to use electronics and cell phones on breaks, if this continues to be abused that policy is subject to change.
- Schedules breaks are as follows 10:00am, Lunch Break (if scheduled a full day), and 3:00pm.
- You may take quick breaks to escape the heat, rehydrate, etc but these should only last 5-10 min.
- If you need work to do, ask me or your crew chief for that day. Remember you can ALWAYS:
- Broom & Scoop around pavilion
- Sweep stairs to the upper deck
- Clean tables
- Sweep the sidewalks
- Sweep stair cases along the boardwalk
- Pick up garbage in the dunes, on the beach, or on the street side
- Please listen to your Crew Chiefs (NE – Gregg/Tom; SE – Kevin/James) and Assistant Crew Chiefs (NE – Zack; SE – John) when they ask that you vacate the back room. They are the ones who should be dictating break and lunch times. Sometimes breaks may be moved to accommodate specific tasks that need to be completed.
Thanks guys, I don’t want to make it seem like I am reprimanding everyone, I have also gotten a lot of GOOD reviews about you as well over the course of this year when it comes to helping the rest of the staff etc. Just want to clear up these policies so we don’t slip into a bad spot as we begin to reach end of the season. We just need to be a little more pro-active!
If you have any comments, concerns, or questions, always feel free to contact me anytime via email or phone.